With the development of modern transportation systems and the pronounced mobilization of modern life, the need for efficient traffic routes including the associated civil engineering structures has increased significantly in recent years. Designing sophisticated structures while keeping an eye on the economic efficiency of the chosen construction types / materials as well as upgrading existing structures to the extent that they meet the requirements of today's traffic requires a creative as well as a cost-conscious method. The employees of our company possess the required know-how, creativity and commitment to plan and realize complex construction projects of any size in the field of structural engineering / traffic route construction.
Our services include new constructions, reconstructions as well as maintenance planning for all service phases of the HOAI (Fee Structure for Architects and Engineers) for the object and structural planning of traffic facilities and engineering structures.
The structures required in the course of and over traffic routes such as highways, roads, railroad lines and waterways can be implemented in a wide variety of construction types and materials.
A traffic facility is a structural or technical installation that must be efficient and safe in order to enable or facilitate smooth traffic ashore (road traffic, rail traffic), on the water and in the air.
In addition to traffic routes, this includes the following traffic facilities:
- Intersections (crossings, transfer facilities),
- Regulatory facilities (traffic signs, traffic signals/lights, signals, [fairway] buoys and other navigation signs, lighthouses, lightships),
- Directional signage,
- Parking and waiting facilities (parking lots, parking spaces, carports, garages, parking garages, storage areas),
- Interfaces also with different types of traffic (bus stops, train stations, ports and airports, container terminals),
- Park-and-ride facilities and platform facilities according to „Deutsche Bahn“ Guideline 813 car loading ramps,
- Special facilities
The constructional implementation of the project takes place on the basis of planning that is ready for execution. Construction supervision is responsible for ensuring compliance with the planning and tender specifications during construction and for intervening in the event of disruptions. Construction supervision is also the informative connector between the client / project management and the executing trades.
Cost control before, during and at the end of the construction work is an essential area of responsibility.
With a highly qualified team of experienced engineers in the field of construction supervision/ site management, we are able to implement the complete supervision services from the groundbreaking ceremony to the defect-free acceptance of the structure, both in technical, economic and contractual terms. In this way, IGS INGENIEURE GmbH & Co. KG has been able to successfully realize numerous construction projects in recent years through experienced specialists in highway, bridge, tunnel and hydraulic engineering.
Technical supervision steel construction/corrosion protection
Quality assurance in steel construction:
- Photographic comparison patterns (DIN EN ISO 8501/1)
- Roughness comparison patterns shot and grit (DIN EN ISO 8503/1-4)
- Digital hygrometer
- Dry film thickness gauges (DIN EN ISO 2808)
- Wet film thickness gauges
- Tensile bond strength tester (DIN EN ISO 4624)
- Cross cut test equipment (DIN EN ISO 2409)
- Viscosity testing equipment with outlet cup (DIN EN ISO 2431)
- Wedge-cut testers (DIN 50986)
- Contamination level determination for surfaces (DIN FB 28)
Quality assurance according to ZTV-ING:
- Checking of workshop planning and the preparation of associated test reports
- Checking the manufacturer's requirements of the contractor steel construction and corrosion protection
- Control of traceability of material and related acceptance test certificates
- Control of assembly and welding works plant / site
- Control of dimensional accuracy according to valid component tolerances plant / site
- Supervision and execution of non-destructive tests with qualified NDT personnel plant / site
- Supervision of the production of auxiliary assembly constructions
- Documentation control and preparation of documentation documents
- Participation in technical construction consultations
- Consultation of the client
Structural monitoring is the continuous metrological monitoring and engineering evaluation of the structures of buildings. The predominant field of application of structural monitoring results from the technical regulations, the increasing age of structures and the increasing demands on the load-bearing capacity and durability of a structure.
The objectives of monitoring are:
- the recording of the general condition or the need for repair of structures,
- the prevention of damage and the prediction of the service life of a structure, and
- the reduction of maintenance and rehabilitation costs.
The main areas of application are traffic structures or engineering structures in the course of traffic installations, long-span hall structures and roofs. Characteristic values on the component such as deformations and strains, temperature, moisture, cracks and vibrations are measured. Special methods of measurement are modal and acoustic emission analyses. The evaluation of the measurement results is usually automated by means of modern data processing.
Numerous measuring instruments and measuring methods are available to our test teams for carrying out the activities.
We are a member of the VFiB and our bridge inspectors have the corresponding certificates to prove their qualification.
Building and industrial construction
Especially in the case of larger construction projects, nowadays there is a strong subdivision of the architect's traditional area of responsibility into numerous specialists such as project controllers, concept planners, implementation planners, local construction management as well as safety and heath coordination. Other planners involved in construction are structural engineers, specialist engineers, especially for technical building equipment and consulting engineers for special subject areas.
The specialist engineers for technical building equipment plan, among other things, heating, ventilation, sanitary and electrical equipment in accordance with the subsequent use of the building. The preparation of sound insulation and heat insulation certificates in accordance with the Energy Saving Ordinance and fire protection reports are part of our scope of services. We have trained employees who can show approvals of the Chamber of Engineers and Architects.
In addition, we have a large number of consulting engineers who provide planning services for other aspects of a building (e.g. climate planning, lighting planning, HVAC planning, electrical planning, etc.).
3D visualizations enable an optimal presentation and a better understanding of spatial relationships. Therefore, visualization methods are of great importance especially in decision-making processes and in problem solving. Especially very complex projects as well as projects of high public interest can be presented more convincingly through the medium of computer-aided presentation.
For sophisticated presentations, 360° renderings (video films) are often created, which make it possible to visualize or check the planned final state already in the design stage of the plans by movements in three-dimensional space.
- Traffic data acquisition
- Performance calculations and proof of traffic quality according to HBS
- Evaluation of traffic impacts from construction management projects (residential areas, commercial and industrial areas, trade facilities)
- Traffic concepts for municipalities and regions (motor vehicle traffic, pedestrian/cycle traffic, stationary traffic, public transport)
- LSA planning (LISA+)
- Traffic modeling (VISUM)
- Traffic simulation (VISSIM)
- Economic feasibility study and evaluation according to EWS
- Accident analysis
Landscape planning and landscape architecture
Human interventions in the natural balance and the landscape as well as strong weather influences place high demands on the built-up (open space in settlements/commercial areas) and non-built-up space (open landscape). The field of landscape planning and landscape architecture combines ecological, economic as well as design aspects to a harmonious interaction and thus contributes to the protection, maintenance, development and, if necessary, also to the restoration of natural space and cultural landscape.
We work on projects in landscape and open space planning in all service phases of the HOAI and can therefore supervise your project holistically from beginning to end. We offer the following services:
- Landscape conservation planning
- Environmental impact assessment
- Special species protection assessment
- Landscape plan & Green space plan
- FFH preliminary assessments
- Natura 2000 - impact assessments
- Maintenance and development planning
- Biotope mapping (OBK, FFH-LRT)
- Open space design
- Landscape management implementation planning
- Environmental construction supervision
- Monitoring and ecological construction supervision
Implementation of tender procedures
Our services include:
- Selection of the tender type (e.g. negotiated procedure with preliminary competitive bidding)
- Drawing up the time schedule
- Preparation of the tender documents (incl. EU publication, forms, evaluation criteria, etc.)
- Provision of an electronic tender platform
- Evaluation of application documents
- Evaluation of tenders
- Conducting negotiations (incl. preparation, moderation and documentation)
- Participation in the awarding of the contract and conclusion of the contract
- Preparation of procedural documentation (award notice / award file)
We are distinguished by the following:
- We have specialists in public procurement law and engineers from all service areas.
- We know the legal basics as well as the handling in practice.
- We always work as a team and handle each project with great passion.
- We observe your specifications, the boundary conditions, the time frame and we always have the overall project in mind.